Weighing Solutions NZ
Loadcells, Weighing Processors and Static and Dynamic Weighing Systems
Locally Manufactured Industrial Weighing Solutions
EMC are New Zealand’s largest manufacturer of continuous (dynamic) weighing systems. We design and manufacture the ModWeigh range of world-class electronic weight indicators and processors and products such as belt weighers, weighfeeders and loadcell mounts for vessel and tank weighing systems. Our weighing products are found throughout many industries but predominantly in the primaries and food industries.
When you choose our products, you can expect industry-leading features and high-quality manufacturing standards. Our team is also highly knowledgeable, so we will ensure you get the right solution for your requirements.
Because we manufacture and design our own products you not only get competitive pricing, we can also customise our weighing solutions to suit your exact requirements and offer unrivaled support.
Our range of products includes:
- Platform scales
- Loadcells from Scaime and Thames Side
- Loadcell mounts for vessel and tank weighing from Scaime and Thames Side
- Chlorine drum weighing systems for large and smaller tanks
- Beltweighers (Belt Scales) for measuring and totalising the mass flow of bulk solids across a conveyor belt
- Weighfeeders for measuring and controlling the mass flowrate of bulk solids
- Weighing instrumentation including our ModWeigh brand of electronic processors.
Select from the following for more information or simply contact us for additional advice.
Our know-how and experience in weighing applications allow us to offer one of the most complete ranges of loadcells on the market.
The heart of any weighing system is the load cell. A load cell is an electrical instrument that is used to convert a mechanical force into an electrical output signal.
In order to get the most benefit from a load cell, a thorough understanding of the technology, construction and operation of this unique device is required. In addition, it is imperative that the correct load cell is selected for each application. With our experience, EMC can assist with load cell selection including the correct capacity, accuracy class, and environmental protection
Our comprehensive range includes aluminium, alloy steel, and stainless steel loadcells covering a wide measurement range up to 1000t. Our suppliers such as Scaime, Vishay, and Thames Side are amongst the foremost loadcell manufacturers in the world.
The majority of our load cells meet international regulations and standards, providing optimal safety and performance assurances for your applications.
- Capacities range from 200g to 1000 tonne
- Single Point, Bending Beam, shear beam, double-ended shear beam, Tension & Compression Models
- Aluminium, Tool Steel and Stainless Steel models
- Ingress protection levels ranging from IP65 to IP69K
- Many models available with Hazardous Area Certification (IECEx/ATEX)
- OIML Certification
Silo and Tank Weighing
Weighing offers high accuracy and repeatability when measuring the contents of tanks, silos and other vessels. EMC’s Vessel Weighing products combine to provide simple and economical systems which are supported by EMC’s extensive experience, and essential specialist engineering advice to ensure a successful installation.
Typical installations include the weighing and supporting of large milk powder and flour silos, vegetable oil tanks, small tanks for mixing and batching applications, hygienic and hazardous environments, etc.
The size and type of vessel, its support structures and pipe connections, movement during filling, environmental aspects, seismic restraints etc, are all factors that have to be considered in the design of a Vessel Weighing System, as they can have a significant impact on the accuracy and reliability.
Loadcell Mounts provide a ready-made solution for tank and vessel weighing. In many applications, installation is simply a case of bolting the Mount between the floor and vessel leg, however, some installations require more engineering to ensure reliability and accuracy.
Only the highest quality loadcells, from the world’s leading manufacturers, including Scaime, Vishay & Thames Side are fitted in EMC Loadcell Mounts to ensure the best in reliability and accuracy (from ±0.017%).
- Capacities range from 20kg to 100 tonnes or more, and models include:
- Double-ended shear beam
- Standard shear beam
- Bending beam
Loadcells are available in various materials such as Tool Steel and Stainless Steel and with specifications to suit the specific application and environment, e.g:
- IP66 / IP68 sealed models for hygienic or wash-down applications
- with hazardous area certification (IECEx Approvals)
- with OIML certification for use in Trade Approved applications, etc.
Chlorine Drum Weighing
Safe and accurate chlorine dosing
EMC manufactures rugged Chlorine Drum /Cylinder Weighing Systems that are specifically designed for the needs of Water Treatment Plants. They are also suitable for monitoring applications at booster stations, wellhead, and various industrial processing plants.
Systems include a frame for weighing large 920kg chlorine drums and a scale for weighing the smaller 70kg capacity cylinders.
Also included is an EMC ModWeigh Transmitter and Indicator so that net drum contents can be monitored at all times. This can be installed as a scale mounted unit or in a separate remote panel. The ModWeigh System provides a local indication as well as transmission to a PLC or Scada system via the 4-20mA analogue output.
EMC Chlorine Drum Weighing Solutions:
- Safely monitor chlorine usage and the amount remaining
- Prevent under and overfeed conditions
- Verify quantity of chlorine delivered
- 4-20mA outputs for remote monitoring
- Tare function
- Low-level alarms
Our EMC Belt Weigher Systems (also known as Belt Scales) provide a simple and accurate way to measure the flow rate and total tonnage of bulk material passing along a conveyor belt.
A system includes:
- Single, Dual or Multi Idler Beltweigher, with integrated loadcell/s to measure the load
- Tacho Assembly to measure belt speed
- ModWeigh MW95A Processor to calculate flowrate (t/hr), totals, etc
We manufactured our first Beltweigher in 1973 and have since supplied over 500 throughout New Zealand and worldwide. This wealth of practical experience provides you with mechanical design and rugged construction that has been proven in many industries and applications. An essential component of any weighing system is a reliable and economical processor. We have designed and manufactured Weighing Processors for over 40 years and our ModWeigh Series is recognised internationally for its quality and ease of operation. Our experienced staff and fully equipped workshops ensure that full local back-up and service is provided throughout New Zealand.
If your industry is mining, quarrying, cement, fertiliser, chemical, steel, timber, or food processing, Belt weighers are commonly used in production and inventory monitoring.
Belt Weighers are generally used for:
- Bulk material measurement
- Bulk inventory control
- Production rate measurement
- Production totals
- Continuous blending systems
- Flow control and blending
Some of the diverse products that we have accurately measured with our Belt Weighers include:
- fertiliser, coal, sand, iron sand, aggregates
- wood fibre, wood chips,
- vegetables, tobacco
- detergent powder, etc.
Custom made in New Zealand to suit your application
EMC Weigh Feeder Systems provide a simple and accurate way to measure and control the flow rate of bulk material passing over a belt. They transport and weigh bulk material from a hopper on a driven belt. The weight on the weigh section is measured by a high-resolution loadcell. Our ModWeigh processor computes the flow rate based on the weight and measured belt speed. The flowrate is then regulated to the desired value by varying the speed of the belt.
Our standard systems include:
- 3 idler weigh section, with integrated loadcell
- Direct drive sealed Gearmotor
- Belt speed via tail drum encoder
- ModWeigh MW96A Processor to calculate and control the flowrate (t/hr), etc
We manufactured our first Weighfeeder in 1973 and have since supplied over 300 throughout NZ and worldwide. This wealth of practical experience provides you with mechanical design and rugged construction that has been proven in many industries and applications. An essential component of any weighing system is a reliable and economic processor. We have been designing and manufacturing Weighing Processors for over 40 years and our ModWeigh Series is recognised internationally for its quality and ease of operation. Our experienced staff and fully equipped workshops ensure that full local back-up and service is provided throughout New Zealand.
Weigh Feeder applications
If your industry is mining, quarrying, cement, fertiliser, chemical, steel, timber, food processing, etc, then Weigh Feeders may be used somewhere in your production or blending processes. Some of the diverse products that we have accurately measured with our Weigh Feeders include fertiliser, coal, sand, iron sand, aggregates, wood fibre/chips, wool, cereals, vegetables, tobacco, powder, etc.
Weigh Feeder applications are wide and diverse:
- Maintaining bulk material flowrates eg. optimising the flow of material into kilns, driers, grinding mills, etc ensures peak efficiency and high product quality
- Continuous blending of materials to the desired recipe
- Production rate measurement
- Batching material where bin weighing is not practical
Accurate easy to use weighing instruments
Designed and manufactured in New Zealand, EMC’s unique ModWeigh Series of Continuous (Dynamic) Weighing Processors and Static Weighing Instruments provides users with a modular system that is highly accurate, cost-effective and easy to use.
Models are available for the following applications:
- MK61A Weigher System for tanks and silos
- MK93A Weight Change System for loss in weight applications
- MK94A Impact Weigher System for impact plate weighers
- MK95A Belt Weigher System for measuring and totalising
- MK96A Weigh Feeder System for weighfeeder control
ModWeigh systems are fully digital, with no potentiometers or dip switches, and combine low drift with high accuracy – typically better than 0.01%. They provide excitation supply (5Vdc) for up to 10 loadcells and include Modbus comms (independent RS232 & RS485 ports).
With a choice of displays, built-in or remote transmitter, built-in or remote I/O, and panel or DIN rail mounting options, ModWeigh is a truly versatile system that allows you to incorporate the optimum system for your application.
EMC Industrial Group Ltd
EMC Auckland Head Office
Phone +64 9 415 5110
56 Tarndale Grove, Rosedale
PO Box 101444 North Shore Auckland, 0745